21 May 2014

Review: PODs by Michelle Pickett

BOOK INFORMATION PODs_cover
Title: PODs
Series: PODs #1
Author: Michelle K. Pickett
Genre: Young Adult, Post Apocalyptic
Rating:
Source: Brought
Published: June 4th 2013 by Spencer Hill Press

Summery: Seventeen-year-old Eva is a chosen one. Chosen to live, while others meet a swift and painful death from an incurable virus so lethal, a person is dead within days of symptoms emerging. In the POD system, a series of underground habitats built by the government, she waits with the other chosen for the deadly virus to claim those above. Separated from family and friends, it's in the PODs she meets David. And while true love might not conquer all, it's a balm for the broken soul.

After a year, scientists believe the population has died, and without living hosts, so has the virus. That's the theory, anyway. But when the PODs are opened, survivors find the surface holds a vicious secret. The virus mutated, infecting those left top-side and creating... monsters

Why I read This Book

I read this book because I will literally read anything with zombies in it.

My Thoughts

This book was a mess. . .  That was my first thought after finishing this book.
The premise of this book was actually really good, It had everything I love in a Post Apocalyptic story , Danger , Romance and Zombies. So I’m really kind of shocked that I’m actually giving a zombie novel 1 star.



I’m a die hard Zombie fan, so I will literally give any post apocalyptic book a chance. But the zombie
plot point in this book was so rushed, it kind of felt like it was just thrown in at the last minuet. PODs was so close to being added to my DNF list…

This book had so much potential to be amazing, but ended up being really bad. I don’t think I will be reading any more of Micelle K. Pickett’s books in the future  . . .

Overall Impressions – Did not enjoy

This book was underwhelming as a whole, I would recommend that you all give this one a miss…



No comments :

Post a Comment